Brian Regan, Birdbaths, B&N, Courtney and Travis

Just wanted to check in with a few bits and unrelated pieces of my life. No transitions provided!

Brian Regan--I love him! I will, however, let him come to Orlando and see him only every other time. Due to my vigilant ticket buying, DVD watching, YouTube searching, Letterman sightings (I am relentless), I was familiar with the majority of the bits. And, to my crushing disappointment, Brian didn't come out to sign autographs. The guard kept saying he wouldn't, but the other faithful and I didn't believe her until a fancy tour bus emerged from a super secret location and passed us. Someone waved from the bus window. I'd like to think it was Brian.

Orlando has had several freeze warnings. This resulted in the water in both birdbaths icing over. (No ice skating.)

I had a book signing at Barnes & Noble, and I attended and spoke at SCBWI Miami on the First Books Panel. (More on those in a different post.)

Also, congrats to my bb Courtney Summers for the fantastic debut of her young adult novel, Cracked Up to Be. CUTB is listed as a category bestseller on Amazon; one trip through the book will tell you why. I found Parker Fadley to be a realistic character thrown into a situation she handles in a most believable way. I'm taking a second ride through this book and will blog on it more extensively later.

Finally, our hearts go out to Travis Erwin and his family--for those of you who haven't heard, their house burned to the ground earlier this month. If you'd like to help, you can contribute money or goods through this website: Habitat for Travis.

That's all for now. Catch up with you later!

6 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Frozen birdbaths in Orlando - weird.

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana and I both really like Brian Regen too. Sorry he didn't sign autographs. I wonder why?

Danette Haworth said...

Kim,
Even weirder were frost-covered palm trees.

Charles,
Ah, well. Maybe next time.

Mary Witzl said...

I want to read these books! Every time I hear about them I feel uneasy -- as though the whole world knows about them and has read them and only I am still uninitiated. Wish I didn't have to cook and do laundry. Back when I had all the time in the world, it really hung heavy on my hands. Now I'm desperate for a little extra... (Off to try and get one of my kids out of bed. Sigh)

Anonymous said...

I see you are having a good time at least. Better luck get that autograph next time around.

Anonymous said...

That last post was from me (Alycia)