Cover Art! (Well, Almost)

I've seen the preliminary cover art for Violet Raines Almost Got Struck By Lightning! It's fantastic!

My editor emailed me, and upon opening the attachment, I felt my heart lift! The image captures the spirit of the book--outdoors, fun, exciting. It's thrilling to see how another artist can interpret your work and project it in a different format. The cover art is spot-on.

I always thought when my book got published, my name would stand out to me, but it was the title treatment I couldn't take my eyes off of. The typeface conveys the very essence of Violet, the story's main character. It's spunky and unusual, not afraid to be different. The font is loaded with personality.

The designer is making his finishing touches to the cover. I can't wait to show it to you!

12 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

So, so awesome!!! I really can't wait to read this!!!
:-)

Cate Gardner said...

Congratulations - Can't wait to see the cover.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I can't wait to see it!

Anonymous said...

!!!
It's happening so fast!!! And I am SO THRILLED FOR YOU!! And I can't WAIT to see the cover when you're able to post it! Oh wow!! This is such a big step!!!! !!!!!
!! Congratulations, Danette!!!!!

Danette Haworth said...

Thanks for commenting, everyone! I can't wait to see it either!

It is happening fast, Courtney!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, ooooh! I can't wait to see it!

I'm so glad you're happy with it. How exciting!

Danette V.

Susan Sandmore said...

Wow, I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see it!

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. Congrats. Often times covers aren't what we hope for. I'm glad you like yours.

gail said...

Count me in too as a
"I can't wait to see it!"

How exciting!!!
gail

Anonymous said...

I'm so curious now! Can't wait to see the final cover. I can't imagine how exciting this must be for you. And congrats on getting a cover you like. From what I hear, lots of authors aren't so lucky.

Brenda said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the cover and read your story...

I can say, "I knew her when she was getting down and personal with a snake and all your other outdoor adventures."...grin...

CONGRATS!!!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

That is such exciting news. I certainly hope it's catchy!