Brian Regan TONIGHT!

Brian Regan will be spinning his comedic gold tonight and I will be there!

Some time ago ago, I received an email alerting me that tickets for Brian Regan would go on sale the next day at 10 a.m. By 10:01 the next morning, I had purchased five floor seats close to the front! All right! I cannot wait.

I have been the epitome of discipline. From the moment I bought the tickets, I refrained from searching for new Brian bits on the Internet--I want to see it all live, then I'll get the DVD.

At the end of his act, Brian always comes out for an encore. This is the part where audience members shout the names of bits they want to hear; the key here is that there's a space, a few seconds after a joke is over, before people start yelling again. I will usurp that space and yell the piece I want to hear--"Flipper."

I will report later on my success. In the meantime, please enjoy this short bit.

12 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Yes, Lana and I really like this guy.

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

That was funny! Thank Danette! My daughters just asked me to buy fig newtons and they said, the real ones, please mommy, not the Paul Newman kind...

So did he do Flipper?

Kimbra Kasch said...

2 fig newtons . . . that's not even the worst. I see Cherry Garcia pints say four servings to a container but, I can eat the whole pint - no problem :(

Rena Jones said...

Oh, that's funny. Now I want Fig Newtons though. Have a great time at the show!

Anonymous said...

Oooh Danette, have a great time and report back!

Danette V.

Christina Farley said...

Funny!

Sheri Perl-Oshins said...

OK, now I can't stop watching clips of Brian Regan on YouTube! He is histerical! I love the No Batter one and Pin the Tail on the Donkey! I was crying!

merewald said...

Have fun at the show!

Mary Witzl said...

I don't even like Fig Newtons and now I want one. Sigh...

Mary Witzl said...

Here's a coincidence: I went into work this morning and there were Turkish Fig Newtons on the table! I had six.

C.J. Raymer said...

Tee! Hee! Hey Sweets! I miss you! Hope all is well. Just wanted you to know that I nominated you for an award! XOXO

Travis Erwin said...

Danette. I'm late coming around, but I just wanted to stop in and thank you for your brick donation towards my family. This difficult time has been made mush easier by the support of so many friends. Thanks for being one of them.