Hello, I'm Back! Awesomeness Happens: U2, Chimney Rock, Adam Lambert!

Hi everyone!

I'm back from the Smokies and hard at work on the keyboard. The deadline looms for The Hotel of Blueberry Goodness; I'm kicking it into gear to finish the first draft.

THE BIG NEWS: I GOT TICKETS TO U2!

I have lots of other stuff to tell you, but these days I feel like I'm already late for something, so here are the highlights:

  • Our cabin was so high in the Smokies, we had to look down to see clouds. (Some were above too, but wow!)
  • I alone discovered the bear track not far from our cabin. This made our hike back much more exciting.
  • Chimney Rock--awesome!
Finally, I watched American Idol right until they introduced Adam Lambert and cut him off. Excellent, chilling, Adam Lambert is a star.

9 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Glad you had a good time in the mountains.

Can't wait to see your next book.

Now, I'm off to work.

Sandy Nawrot said...

It is good to have you back! I know, however, that it is insane for awhile after you get back from vacation (a problem I will have next Sunday!). I'm currently in Indiana with my kids, visiting my mom and dad.

Vacation or no, we did all stop what we were doing to watch American Idol last night. It really says something about Adam when that is all I can think about leading into the show...what will he do this week? He kinda got the ripoff by being last, but a standing ovation from Simon? He blows my mind.

Sandy Nawrot said...

I have given you an award! Come on over and pick it up!

courtney said...

Yay for your return! Sounds like you had a great time. And here's to meeting your deadline! And !!!!!!!!!!!!! U2!!!!!! Much excitement in one post. :)

Mary Witzl said...

Ah, what I wouldn't give to be in a cabin in the Smokies right now! In fact, a cabin just about anywhere would be good...(I'm teaching two hellish classes...)

I could do without the bear tracks, though. Spotting bear tracks would turn me into an Olympic sprinter.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Can't wait to read your new book! And am jealous about the U2 tickets!

Chris Eldin said...

U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooooo jealous!

Have a great time!!!
:-)

Angela Ackerman said...

What a voice, hey?

AprilGarden said...

I can NOT wait until The Hotel of Blueberry Goodness is in the library's bookshelves. Well, more like my bookshelf. Good luck on finishing the first draft on time. You CAN do it!!Mad World is---WOW!! U2 is my favorite band from Ireland!! It's also the only band I know that is from Ireland....
:D