I'll Be in Chicago for IRA

My publisher is flying me out to Chicago for the IRA 55th Annual Convention, April 25-28th. I can't wait! My presentation is called, "How I Use Real Places, True Feelings, and Almost Breaking the Law to Write Fiction for Young People." I get to show all my slides and talk about stuff I like--I ask you, does it get any better than that?

One thing has me worried though--I just saw on Yahoo that Chicago has 10,000 cameras recording citizens on its streets. I have never hailed a cab before, and I'll be doing just that after landing at O'Hare. I hope those guys who watch the videos don't fall out of their chairs laughing.


Sandy Nawrot said...

Haha! Just flash that million dollar smile of yours, and you shall have three cabbies fighting for the right! And I sure wish I could hear your talk...you're going to be great!

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool. Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck.

Barbara O'Connor said...

Oh, how fun! I know you'll have a ball. As for hailing a cab - just wave a big Yoohoo - you'll be great.