Good Words for The Summer of Moonlight Secrets, Barnes & Noble Tonight, and other stuff

When I write stories for young people, my goal is to deliver an experience, an experience I hope will delight the reader and give them something to identify with. There's no better feeling than when a reader connects with your book.

Yesterday, book review blogger Liz Burns reviewed The Summer of Moonlight Secrets. I could tell by her review that she had entered the world of Allie Jo and Chase; when they ran up the secret staircases, she was right behind them. I felt like a happy balloon, floating up to the clouds after seeing her take on the book.

My agent liked this part of her review: "Haworth does a terrific job of balancing Allie Jo's independence and autonomy with caring parents, including how that family relationship impacts Allie Jo's friendship with Tara."

I liked the whole thing! But I really liked reading, "It is also funny!"

To read Liz Burns' review of The Summer of Moonlight Secrets, click here.

~~

B&N and other stuff

I'm signing books tonight 6:00-7:30 at the Barnes and Noble Colonial Plaza as part of St. James Cathedral School's book fair. Stop by and say hi!

Also, contests: Today is the due date for all entries for the student writing contest I'm sponsoring. Eight area schools are participating. The prompt for the young writers was to describe what it feels like to be new or to be challenged by a new person (and relate this to Violet Raines). Winners receive the new Violet Raines paperback, and one grand prize winner receives the hardcover for The Summer of Moonlight Secrets, which no one in Orlando has yet!

Tomorrow is the last day to enter the Goodreads giveaway for SOMS. I'm pretty excited by that, too! More than 1100 people have entered.

It's cappuccino time. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Very cool. Congrats. Gotta love when someone gets it.

Sandy Nawrot said...

You make me want to rearrange my posts and publish my review NOW! I'm so glad you are receiving great reviews!

See you tonight!

I was biting my fingernails that Casey would get voted out last night, as he was pretty stinky this week.

Cate Gardner said...

Oh, that's a lovely review. I can't wait to read the book.

Kimbra Kasch said...

So glad you got good reviews - have fun with the signings :)