Me & Jack: Five stars and Annika cried; Kim said "Great!"

The first reviews are coming in, and so far, so good! Thank you Kim Kasch and Annika Barranti for taking the time to not only read Me & Jack, but also for taking the time to compose reviews and post them. Visit Kim here and Annika here (for the Goodreads review), or here for her blog.

But don't leave! Their reviews are making a guest appearance right here, right now! Here we go:

Annika Barranti rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: mg-ya
Me & Jack is a charming coming-of-age story about a boy, his dog, his father, and friendship during the Vietnam war. I couldn't put it down and I cried at the end. I've read all three of Danette's books, and they're all so different from one another. I couldn't choose a favorite between Me & Jack and Violet Raines, but I did give both to my husband immediately after I finished them, and I only give him books I really love.

From Kim's review:
"
me & jack is a middle grade fiction set during the Vietnam war. But the story is really a tale about a boy (Joshua) and his dog (Jack). This is a story about relationships, family, friends and having to make tough choices in hard times . . . There is plenty of drama in this dog story. And, it’s a great boy’s book, one with lots of adventure and even a little fighting. Plus there’s even a little suspense mixed into the mash. Of course girls will love it too."

THANK YOU, LADIES!

2 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

I'm in a little bit of a UCF Book Festival and Book Club hole right now, and attempting to dig out. YOur book is on the top of my pile...I can't wait!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I'm in a little bit of a UCF Book Festival and Book Club hole right now, and attempting to dig out. YOur book is on the top of my pile...I can't wait!