Wax Paper Kazoo, and You Can Too!

I made the mistake this morning of introducing the low technology kazoo: wax paper held against one's lips.

Me: So here's how you do you it. [Holds wax paper to lips.]

Him: Let me try! [Takes the piece I hold out to him.]
Oooooooooo! [Rattle, rattle]

Me: Hahahahaha!


Me: Haha!

Him: Oooooooooooooo! [Dances around kitchen.] OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


Him: [Prancing like a sprite.] OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Me: Maybe you should go in the other room and do that.

Him: [Hears only a Charlie Brown teacher voice. Keeps leaping around kitchen.]

Me: May you should--


Me: [Eyes jingle in head. Picks up wax paper.]


Mary Witzl said...

Look on the bright side: at least it isn't a tin whistle! And MY kids have a full drum kit...

I can still remember the pained look my father would get whenever we wrapped our combs up in paper and 'played' them.

Charles Gramlich said...

Give a man a kazoo and he'll wonder what it is. Teach him to play a kazoo and he'll be annoying forever.

Danette Haworth said...

You guys are too funny! I'm adding you and Ello to my sidebar.

Church Lady said...

Funny post, Danette!!
I might be driving through Florida one day, ordering corn bread and playing with wax paper...

Brenda said...

My grandma use to say, "If sooner or later it is going to annoy you, then don't teach a child to do it."

There were times during my childhood that my parents wished I had not picked up talking so well...grin...

courtney said...

Hee, there's a lesson here for everyone!! The dangers of low tech musical instruments!