What a Wonderful Day!

This morning has a bit of a chill, not quite sixty degrees but the sky is happy blue with feathery clouds and the sun is warming everything up. (♬Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder. It's true! It's actual! Everything is satisfactual!♬)

I thought I'd be all nature-y and take my laptop outside and be inspired by all that is around me. Not working. I can barely see the screen because my apertures are accommodating for my bright backyard; I could turn around, but I'd be facing the wall and my dirty windows. Plus, this table is wobbly. My cappucino has twice sloshed dangerously close to my laptop.

♬ Zip-a-dee-do-dah, zip-a-dee-ay, COME ON! You know the words! ♬ My, oh, my, what a wonderful day! ♬

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I do like when I work on my deck. I sing that song too.

Charles Gramlich said...

I can hear this conversation very well in my head. That's kind of scary.

Danette Haworth said...

Charles,

After visiting my favorite boards or Facebook, I always feel I've just left a busy conference room, loud with the din of writers talking shop. I like that!

Sandy Nawrot said...

I golfed today, for the first time in over a month! Played like crap, but I didn't care because it is so darned gorgeous outside. Too bad about all those people in the snow isn't it???

Kimbra Kasch said...

Sorry Danette, but you'd definitely be able to see your laptop screen here, in gray and gloomy PO :(

And, it wouldn't be the coffee that would be sloshing the screen - it would be that liquid sunshine we're all so fond of here.

Just not the zip-ah-dee-doo-dah kinda day here :(

Danette Haworth said...

Sandy, I know! Even today, a rainy day, is great because the temperature is just right.

Danette Haworth said...

Just not the zip-ah-dee-doo-dah kinda day here :(

I feel your pain! It's a rainy day today, not zippy, but very pleasant in a different way. Though I know what you mean--I can't take endless gray days, either.

♬ The sun'll come out tomorrow ♬

Anonymous said...

Today we have sun and no wind after several cloudy, drizzly days and one day of high winds. It's nice, but too cold to be out for long.